Omari Hardy is fighting to:
- Fund more affordable housing.
- Protect renters from rent increases and from unfair evictions.
- End housing segregation and invest in communities of color.
Our nation is in the grips of an affordable housing crisis, and our nation’s leaders are not doing enough to end the crisis of high rents and unaffordable home prices for working families. But Omari believes that housing is a human right. That means:
- No one deserves to be unhoused.
- No one should have to fork over an entire paycheck to their landlord every month.
- No family should have to “double up” with another family just to afford the rent.
- Every family deserves safe, clean, sanitary housing that they can afford.
As a city commissioner in Lake Worth Beach, Omari advocated for more affordable housing and approved over 150 units of affordable and workforce housing while in office. He also fought for measures that would have fined the city’s slumlords and used their fines to provide legal counsel to families facing eviction. As a member of Florida House, Omari advocated for more affordable housing funding and fought against cuts to Florida’s affordable housing trust fund.
As your representative in Congress, Omari will fight for housing for all by pushing for the funding needed to build over 10 million permanently affordable housing units. Omari will also push for funding to revitalize and decarbonize existing housing in redlined, historically Black communities.